Knowledge Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Degroodteam

What is the difference between real property and personal property? Empty What is the difference between real property and personal property?

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:08 pm
What is the difference between real property and personal property?

real estate
Resfrealestate

What is the difference between real property and personal property? Empty Re: What is the difference between real property and personal property?

Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:15 pm
Real - Real Estate (land and buildings attached to the land Personal Property - Everything else.

real estate miami
Wendystarr0

What is the difference between real property and personal property? Empty Re: What is the difference between real property and personal property?

Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:09 pm
Real property is most anything involving land and buildings. Personal property is everything else that a person owns - vehicles, clothes, jewelry.

realtor
Oliver01

Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:12 pm
Real Property refers to land and things permanently attached to the land. Personal property generally refers to everything else: the items which are movable and not a part of the land.

For example, I own 40 acres, named (as all law students know) Blackacre. I build a house and a yard barn on the property, and park my car in the yard. When I sell the "real estate", I can take the car, but I cannot take the barn and house (if that were somehow physically possible), because they've become "fixed" to the land, and pass with the land. Likewise, when the house and land is sold, I can take my tv and sofa out of the house, but I can't remove the cabinets, because they've become fixed to the house, which is fixed to the land, which means it passes with the land.

Real estate agents Tinley park
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum