Knowledge Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Oliver01

Long distance cycling, touring bike or cyclocross bike? Empty Long distance cycling, touring bike or cyclocross bike?

Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:17 am
I'm looking to start long distance cycling within the USA and considering getting either a cyclocross bike or a touring bike for the purpose but I'm not sure which would be best.
I currently ride fairly substantial distances, by most peoples terms, on a road bike but without any luggage.
If I were to start distance cycling on routes like coast to coast or end to end I'd do so with the minimum amount of luggage so wouldn't necessarily need a bike capable of holding heavy panniers.
I like the general look of cyclocross bikes and according to the reviews I've read, some are suitable for touring such as the Specialized Tricross range and I could also use this for general bad weather commuting which I regularly do but I'm wondering whether a 'proper' tourer would be a better option.
Any suggestions / opinions?

cycling across america
Jons02

Long distance cycling, touring bike or cyclocross bike? Empty Re: Long distance cycling, touring bike or cyclocross bike?

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:07 pm
Our site have a complete information about the cycling lovers and all products about the cycling.

cycling gear
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum