Knowledge Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BoySmile

Gerard Pique prone to 'casual approach' to Barcelona games Empty Gerard Pique prone to 'casual approach' to Barcelona games

Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:53 pm
Gerard Pique prone to 'casual approach' to Barcelona games, says Terry Gibson
Gerard Pique prone to 'casual approach' to Barcelona games Skysports-pique-gerard-barcelona_4073252
Gerard Pique's "casual approach" to Saturday's 2-2 draw with Celta Vigo sbobet ca came as Barcelona showed their first signs of complacency this season, according to Terry Gibson.
The Liga leaders saw their result go unpunished on the weekend however, with Valencia losing to 10-man Getafe, while Real Madrid drew 0-0 at Athletic Bilbao.
The results enabled Barcelona to open up a five-point gap over Valencia, but two straight draws have seen them fail to fully capitalise on Real's stuttering form.
And though Gibson was reluctant to focus on Barcelona's faults given their healthy lead at the top, he stressed Ernesto Valverde's side must not let complacency creep in, pointing towards Pique's performance on the weekend as a prime example."The interesting aspect for me is Gerard Pique. I can tell in five minutes whether he's at it or not," Gibson said in the latest La Liga Weekly podcast."Ninety per cent of the time he is, but on the weekend he wasn't. It was an early kick-off, he had his hands sbobet ca above his eyes shielding his face from the sun, and I could just tell it was a casual approach to the game."After five minutes I'm thinking, 'He's not going to be at it today', and that can be a problem for Barcelona. You'd think they would learn their lesson from last season, because they did last season what Real Madrid are doing this season, showing complacency in games you'd expect them to win."They hadn't done that this season until the game at the weekend. It was the first time they started out not as focused as they should be, expecting it to be a simple win.Click Here sbobet ca
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum